How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 24379
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 70 pound pit mix ate 4 green grapes

Customer Question

my 70 pound pit mix ate 4 green grapes
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has eaten grapes before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think she got sick from grapes previously
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Please don't be alarmed. A 70 lb dog would need to ingest approximately 38 grapes before I would even consider grape toxicity and that toxicity is idiosyncratic (peculiar) in any event; in other words, some dogs can ingest grapes to their heart's content and never be intoxicated. There's no reason to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Hi,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Foxy. How is everything going?
Dr. Michael Salkin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor Salkin. Strange. Your first response never made it to me, but your expert advice is still good for the future. She has eaten grapes a number of times and really liked them, but now I know her potential limit. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Agh! That upsets me. I'm sorry for this. Please contact***@******.*** for further information.