Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing veterinarian with over 20 years experience in a mixed animal practice.
75966804

We have a 14 yr old dog who has gotten poked in the eye ( around

Customer Question

we have a 14 yr old dog who has gotten poked in the eye ( around a yr ago , not really sure how long ago ) anyway not sure if he can see out of it or not . there's nasty stuff that comes out of it from time to time , we wipe it off when that happens . what can be do about it ?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Linda replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your question today.
I am very sorry for your concerns with Tazz's eye.
The very best care you could do for Tazz is to have the eye examined to rule out a treatable problem. This might be an infection, foreign body, or some other chronic problem.
In the meantime, I would start using Vetericyn Ophthalmic Wash, & then apply the Gel. They are both available over the counter at the bigger pet shops, or on line. Together, they should help with the discharge from Tazz's eye, but without a close exam of the eye, there is no way to say if his vision will improve.
I hope you find this helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Thank you.
Expert:  Dr Linda replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marge James,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Tazz. How is everything going?

Dr Linda