Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have an old boxer, he got into a conflict with two much larger

Customer Question

I have an old boxer, he got into a conflict with two much larger dogs. Since then he has filled up with fluid, it moves though out his body depending on how he sleeps. What's going on. I fear for his life. Can't afford a Doc.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I am a licensed veterinarian and hope to help you and Elmer valland today.I'm so sorry to hear about this attack! Pretty scary for you I'm sure!How long ago did this attack occur? What type of fluid is accumulating (serum, blood, pus)? What antibiotics did Elmer receive, and at what dose? Where are/were Elmer's wounds?Thanks for all of these answers.Dr. Barbara
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm Elmer, Sagan's my dog. It's been awhile, over 30 days. Used an antibiotic from dentist appointment. This morning got penicillin from farm fleet. Gave him 20cc to start out. I'm sure it's an infection, the fluid I can't tell you for sure, but it settles in the lowest part of his body, however way he lays. Guess my question is how much penicillin should I give him and how often? I'm winging here. Had I not given him the pills I would have lost him a day or two ago. I'm trying, thought he would heal himself... dumbass as I am.
Hi Elmer,Thanks for your reply. Is Sagan eating?The penicillin dose for a dog is 20,000-40,000 units/kg every 4 to 24 hours. Please tell me the kind of penicillin you have and I can give you a more specific dose. Also, what is the concentration of the penicillin you have.