Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Can you prescribed medication dog? I have a Maltese

Customer Question

Can you prescribed medication for a dog? I have a Maltese and she has chronic ear infections. In fact, we had to remove one of her ear canals about 5 years ago. I know what I need, because it's always the same thing. I normally don't mind waiting to see a veterinarian, but I have a 1 year old and my window for waiting is about 5 minutes.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Unfortunately we can't prescribe medication. . . we don't have the required "doctor-patient" relationship with Bella.
Generally, there are some things that you can do with home remedies and diet adjustment that can be very helpful. The underlying cause of chronic ear problems is not bacterial infection. The infection is just an opportunistic result of other problems. Are you interested in this?