Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Ihave an 8 month old French Bulldog who may be having seizures

Customer Question

ihave an 8 month old French Bulldog who may be having seizures yet I suspect she is having issues related to perhaps an elongated palate. How can one distinguish between the two?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 15 years. Thank you for your question. In a situation like this, the absolute best thing to use to help distinguish the two is a video. Now a days with all the smart phones and video cameras out there, I would recommend getting a couple of the episodes taped and then take that to your vet for them to view what you're seeing. A focal facial seizure and an issue with a soft palate can look similar. Usually an issue related to a soft palate elongation shows as a snorting / respiratory issue and not an abnormal facial movement.