Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

What can I give my dog, a boxer, upset stomach? her

Customer Question

what can I give my dog, a boxer, for an upset stomach? her belly is rumbling and she didn't want to eat this morning. She has allergies but I can't give her the benedryl because she isn't eating
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- Any vomiting? 2- How much does she weigh? 3- Did she get into anything? 4- How old is she?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no she didn't get in to anything that I know of - she is basically a house and yard dog, she hasn't left the premises. she is 10 yrs old and weights about 74lbs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got her to eat just now and gave her the benedryl . she seems to have more energy too. maybe the stomach thing has gone by.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Frieind, the rumbling sounds you are hearing are common when the gastrointestinal tract is empty; the sound is created by gas and the smooth muscle contraction of the intestinal tract. If she ate the rumbling should improve. You can also give her Pepcid AC (famotidine) 10mg every 12 hours. You can buy Pepcid AC over the counter in any pharmacy. Note: I am sorry for the delay in response, I was offline by the time you came back. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon! Dr. Peter