Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Are the saresto flea/tick collars safe ?

Customer Question

Are the saresto flea/tick collars safe for dogs?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thanks for your question. Yes, everything I have heard or read about says that the Seresto collars are safe and effective. I am a veterinarian, with 30 years experience. I first heard about these collars in the clinical trials done before they are released to the public, and have nothing but good things about them. They are safe even in cats, and cats tend to be more sensitive to chemicals and drugs than dogs. The only bad thing I have heard is the cost, but that is offset by their lasting so long, 7 months. I am going to do a little more research and will be back in a moment.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
The only thing I found searching on a vets only website is hair loss under the collar. Let me know if I can help with or research anything else for you.