Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dogs foot is leaking fluid it doesn't look injured at all

Customer Question

my dogs foot is leaking fluid it doesn't look injured at all though
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is walking just fine, she just wont quit licking it. Her foot is pretty wet slimy. I have trimmed back hair and everything and do not see anything wrong with it at all minus the fluid leaking out of it ,
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Do you see any redness of the skin?
How much fluid?
Since you are not seeing an obvious injury or hole, can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there really is no redness its just wet she keeps licking it there is absolutely no injury on it at all. I can touch it put pressure and everything she does not seem to be in pain just annoyed acting by feeling her foot leaking. I cant see any specific place its coming from.
There really is not anything to photograph its just a wet dog foot.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I appreciate there is not much you are seeing, but I would still be keen to see a photo so I can see what you are seeing (otherwise I can only speculate).
Otherwise, can you tell me if it is swollen or bigger the other paws at all?
When you press, does it temporarily cause denting or pitting of the skin?
How old is she?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is 8 I am sorry I don't have a way to get a pic uploaded, no denting or pitting of the skin
So very sorry I guess not much you can do and I understand that
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Unfortunately, it does limit me greatly. The reason it is quite important to have this looked at (as we have discussed or by her local vet) is because if this isn't actually saliva from her excessive licking and we have oozing without an obvious wound then this is not a common situation. Therefore, its difficult to give my opinion blind in this case. Therefore, I will opt out and we can see if any of my colleagues have any ideas for you on this.
Please take care,
Dr. B.