Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is in discomfort, since a two day camping trip, he

Customer Question

My dog is in discomfort, since a two day camping trip, he has been itchy, and not wanting to walk, and sitting weirdly. he is a 2 year old Bishon mix
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Is Murray itchy? Or is he painful?
Where on his body?
Is he dragging his bottom on the ground?
Any redness, sores, lumps, or wounds around his rectum?
Does he seem sore if you move his tail or handle his backside?
Any history of trauma or a fall?
Any limping?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is not dragging his bottom.
He seems distressed on walks, giving the occasional whimper and doing what we call 'sideways but walking'
he is in a hurry to get home and sit, rubbing on the ottoman like he is wet.
He only seems to get relief when i give him a Benadryl.
No lumps or soreness near his rectum.
Some soreness when I handle his back legs, hard to tell, he will put up with a lot from me.
He has pawed at his ears a few times, they seem clear of hair, and he does not pay constant attention to them.He is allergic to the rabbis vac, and mulberry pollen. no history of trauma. I would not call it limping, but his gate has changed.He does have a history of over exertion, and this party he went to with my wife was two days of camping, swimming and chasing four wheelers. his tail is not limp. They shaved him at the party, and my wife said she got ate up by bugs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is eating and drinking, His squats to poop have been quick, taking two tries to get it all out when he would do one in the past, also, not supper steady on the raised leg, been squat peeing some.