Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has developed a watery eye, and I myself am suffering

Customer Question

my dog has developed a watery eye, and I myself am suffering with itch eyes and sneezing, I have an antihistamine eye drop (ketotifenfumarate) and I havs\e a naturopathic eye drop that contains apis 6x, euphrasia 6x, sabadilla 6x, are these safe to use once of twice?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I would try a few things first and if they do not work then consider use of the drops you have as an antihistamine eye drop- Saline flush for contact lenses to flush the eye out every 12 hours- Benadryl orally 1 mg/ pound every 8-12 hours if you are suspicious of an allergy. This tends to be very successful with eye allergies in dogsIf there is any haziness to the cornea, the white or sclera of the eye begins to turn more red, or increased rubbing or squinting then it is time to have your vet evaluate the eye. If the above is not successful in reducing the redness of the eye then you can try the antihistamine eye drop in the eye ever 12 hours to see if the watery eye begins to resolveI hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!