Vet_Dr.Drea
Vet_Dr.Drea, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Boarded, licensed, and accredited veterinarian. Interests: general medicine, ophthalmology (eyes).
76915428

Would heatstroke kill my shit try when I take her outside her

Customer Question

Would heatstroke kill my shit try when I take her outside her and I went for a walk then she acted very strange and she's home now I put my school on and she was breathing very heavily and she had foam coming out of her mouth. She couldn't walk and she kept falling over and I'm starting to get scared I was crying because I don't know wat I should do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Vet_Dr.Drea replied 1 year ago.
Hello, as a licensed veterinarian I am happy to assist you.Unfortunately, yes, heat stroke absolutely can be fatal and I am very concerned about Lily's signs- these are highly suspicious of severe heatstroke. ***I therefore strongly recommend she be taken to a veterinarian immediately*** Time is of the essence in the treatment of heatstroke so this is not something I recommend waiting out.The good news is that when treated, which typically includes a minimum of carefully cooling the pet's body down and administration of intravenous fluids, most heatstroke patients will recover and will have no lasting effects on health or longevity, but again, that requires treatment. I am sorry I cannot give an easier, more optimistic answer, but want to be honest with you and make sure Lily receives the appropriate care. Please do not hesitate to contact me with additional questions. When you are satisfied with my answer please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for my time. Best, ***** *****