Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

R 7 month old Chihuahua puppy chewed up some false teeth we

Customer Question

R 7 month old Chihuahua puppy chewed up some false teeth we thought he vomited all of them up but for the last 3 days he's been getting worse. He wont eat r drink. Is there anything we can do to help him til we can get him to vet tomorrow
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.
I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Buck. I'm so sorry he's having trouble, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say, then clicking REPLY or SEND. That way we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
What can you do to help him until you can get him to the vet tomorrow? Unfortunately, the honest answer is very little. This can be an emergency. In fact, a bowel obstruction due to swallowing a foreign substance is one of the most common emergencies we see in veterinary emergency centers. The most important thing you can do to help Buck is to get him to an emergency vet absolutely ASAP.
I wish I had better news for you. Without emergency veterinary attention, the best you can do for Buck is to keep him warm and as comfortable as possible and clean and dry. Offer frequent, small amounts of water, but don't force it if he doesn't want to drink. Plain water is best, ***** ***** you want to use Pedialyte, you can. I wouldn't offer any food at all unless he goes more than 6 hours without vomiting.
I'm so sorry you're in such a difficult situation. This really is an emergency.
Please let me know if this helps to answer your question to your satisfaction.
If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to ACCEPT my answer and rate my response. Your positive feedback is very important to me; without it I receive no compensation from the website.
If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may help.
I really do wish I had better news for you. I'm sorry.