Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Our Dog just ate half a block of ratsak fast action wax block,

Customer Question

our Dog just ate half a block of ratsak fast action wax block, we tried to get as much of the block out of her mouth, and we also gave her some milk. she is fairly old what else can we do ???
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.Unfortunately the expert you requested is not online at present but I know you will be wanting a quick answer so I have decided to step in, I hope this OK with you. My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. One of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the rodent poison that way, If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion then should be OK . For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK { Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs } 2. If you are in any doubt about having properly induced vomiting { And you may want to do this anyway } be aware that your vet will have an antidote to this sort of rodent poison { Vitamin K }. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards,Dr Scott.Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how Tusko is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the rodent poison.
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.