Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog is on amoxician disease 250 mg per tablet the

Customer Question

my dog is on amoxician for lyme disease 250 mg per tablet the morning suddenly today he staring drooling and his gums are very red and swollen.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Neither Lyme nor amoxicillin is expected to cause such oal changes but in case your dog is experiencing an unusual drug reaction to amoxicillin or another drug being administered, it would be prudent to stop all medications and supplements and let his vet know what you're seeing. Please respond with an update and further questions or concerns if you wish.