Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 11yr old lab mix is eating very little. She is drinking

Customer Question

My 11yr old lab mix is eating very little. She is drinking & peeing normally, color light yellow. She is listless for past 3 days. Doesn't want to walk anymore. Is not salivating or breathing hard. Does not act like she's in pain but walks very slowly. Has no cough but her front or rear leg will tremble when she stands. Gums look ok I guess. I brush her teeth once a week. My wife is wondering if it's ok to give her Smartwater in her bowl. We can't afford hundreds of dollars for tests. We want her to be well or at least comfortable, Can you help?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible... Has she ever had tick exposure?Is she vomiting or having diarrhea?Has she been drinking normally?Does she have any health issues you're aware of?