Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Are you really a veterinarian?

Customer Question

are you really a veterinarian?
Dog recently diagnosed with underactive thyroid. started giving him thyroid meds 2 weeks ago. missed dose last night. today dog groaning and wont eat. had to place his dose in his mouth and stroke his neck to get him to take it. he barely moves and is groaning. his behavior wasn't like this prior to diagnosis. could this be something other than a missed dose?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear about this concern. I will wait for you to reply with a simple, hello, so I know we are properly connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund my money as my question was not answered.Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
I never received a response when I asked for you to say hello so I know you were connected. I am still here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I already took my dog to the vet. I realize I sent the inquiry early this morning and I kept checking for a response but I called the vet early this morning and was able to get him in to be seen. An xray was taken and He had a very large fecal mass near the end of his colon that he couldn't pass. He still has some of the what looks like mulch in his stomach and per the vet should be small enough to pass. He was given an enema and I was sent home with a liquid laxative that I have to give him daily along with a high fiber and water canned food. I have follow up with the vet on Monday. My dog was so uncomfortable, straining to defecate, hunched back, tail between legs, groaning that I was concerned about a blockage. I had to find someone asap. Thank you anyway.
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
will have question closed.