Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog 5weeks pregnant had a small mount of clear mucus come

Customer Question

My dog 5weeks pregnant had a small mount of clear mucus come out, no odor or color
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to pt her age 2 years old
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
As long as there is no color, odor, and the amount of discharge is small; then we'd not be worried here. This is not considered abnormal for a pregnant dog. So, we'd just want to monitor this at this point. If we were to see profuse discharge or it was brown/yellow/green/black/bloody, or smelled of pus; then those would be red flags of complications and would warrant having her checked urgently.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )