Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Thankfully I don't need to trouble you. (my dog chewed on an

Customer Question

thankfully I don't need to trouble you. (my dog chewed on an ant trap (avermectin B1) but didn't swallow the plastic.I'll keep an eye on her for simple indegestion, diarrhea and not eating over the next 24 to 48 hours,(which I cannot imagine lol). Thank You : -)
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you. I apologize that no expert had jumped in yet to answer your question. I am unclear if you are still asking about this as a potential toxicity or not.Let me reassure you the good news is that the avermectin at such a low concentration is usually no problem for a dog. They like to eat these because the put the avermectin in peanut butter. So, if no plastic was eaten I suspect she will be fine. Monitor over the next day for vomit/diarrhea. But I suspect as you mentioned she should be fine.