Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I would like to do an on-line appointment. Happy to pay for

Customer Question

I would like to do an on-line appointment. Happy to pay for it. My dog is in pain, and we plan to put him down in Dec of this year. I would like him to have a pain med to make his remaining life better. We had treated other dogs with rymadel (spelling ?). Is this possible through your web page?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog, and it is possible that Rimadyl ( or generic carprofen; just as good but less expensive) could help him.
I am a veterinarian, with 30 years experience. However, as it says on the disclaimer below, I am here for information only. Since I can't see and examine your dog, I can't legally prescribe medication. I can give on-line information, but can't do an on-line appointment. The state boards that license veterinarians dictate that I have to have a "client patient relationship" to treat and prescribe for a dog, and that can't be done here.
I will be happy to answer any questions you have, but I can't write you a prescription. Let me know if you have any questions for me.