Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My puppy suddenly started acting weird. She's 4 months old, all her shots are up to d

Customer Question

My puppy suddenly started acting weird. She's 4 months old, all her shots are up to date. She suddenly can't really walk, she keeps falling and she is bloated. She's shaking to. I checked her for ticks and didn't see any, what do I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She vomited twice, my older and much larger dog vomited once and is fine now but she's not
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.
This sounds quite concerning for Molly. I am not sure if I can link the symptoms of the two dogs unless they both ate the same thing. For a dog of Molly's age this is a clear indication she needs to be seen by her veterinarian right away. She may be experiencing the vomiting/trembling from abdominal/stomach pain.
The inability to walk could be due to many things ranging from severe pain leading to unwillingness to walk to weakness (such as can be from internal bleeding or other causes of anemia or electrolyte problems) to spinal problem (such as trauma, slipped disc, infection, etc) to hind limb muscular problem. To try to narrow down that list is going to require she be examined by her veterinarian and then probably some testing that might include lab work (CBC, chemistry profile, urine check) and radiographs (X-rays).
The shaking could be due to pain or fever (temperature higher than 102.5F) or a true neurological problem, or possibly cold although being cold is quite rare.
I wish I had some easy at-home solution for you but in order to diagnose her and make effective/safe recommendations I too would need to perform a physical exam followed by some testing. Given the seriousness of her condition and that it is not improving for you, I must recommend you get her in to be seen as soon as possible today.
Until you have her seen, please keep her indoors and monitored. Make sure her water is available. I recommend not feeding her more until she is examined given that she is vomiting.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.
I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.