Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has several large patches where her fur has pulled out

Customer Question

My dog has several large patches where her fur has pulled out very easily and is flaky around the edges and it has a slight odor
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Where on her body are these sites?

How long has this been going on for Coco?

Does the odor smell like pus, bread, or yeasty?

Does the skin have any redness, inflammation, crust/scales, scabs/sores, or ulcers?

Is she itchy?

What is in the spray you have used?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please disregard my request, since I didn't hear back as soon as it said I would I found an alternate solution.
Thank you anyway