Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a bulldog 50 lbs I do house cleaning and have been taking

Customer Question

I have a bulldog 50 lbs I do house cleaning and have been taking care of 2dogs by taking them out 3times a day both dogs have ended up with an intestinal virus and I do believe I have brought the virus home to my dog same symptoms runny stool , these 2dogs have had this bug since Monday one started and the other a few days later , my bulldog has same symptoms I handeled these dogs for a week , my question is my dog is a biter my vet actually has me sedate her and they come out to my car to give her shots , sad story this dog was abused by the original owner8 yrs ago I took her and love her she is terrified of men and the vet atmospher ,I have amoxicillin 500mg could I give this to her ? Please respond
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Since viruses do not respond to antibiotics, can you tell me what treatment the other dogs are on? Did their vet put them on antibiotics (which would increase our concerns that this is actually bacterial)?
What color is Sophie's stool?
Any blood or mucus?