Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

MY DOG CHEWED UP THE SAME TRAP AS IN YOUR PREVIOUS QUESTION,

Customer Question

MY DOG CHEWED UP THE SAME TRAP AS IN YOUR PREVIOUS QUESTION, BUT SHE'S A LAB PUPPY 11 WKS OLD WEIGHING ABOUT 25LBS OR SO. IT WAS ABOUT 30-45 MINUTES AGO. WILL IT HAVE ANY EFFECT?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- How many grams was in the trap?
2- Did she swallow the trap or just chewed on it?
Note: I am uncertain which question you are speaking about as I have seen so many different clients. I am sorry.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just chewed it up. active ingredient:abamectinB1 0.05%
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, if she did not swallow the trap it is not going to be toxic, no symptoms expected; she will be fine. Plus, in a 25 lbs puppy even if she did swallow the trap at a 0.05% concentration of abamectin is not likely to be toxic either. The main concern would be ingesting the plastic, but, if she did not ingest the plastic that should not be a concern.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Dr. Peter
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter