Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My vet is refusing to give me more insulin and syringes for

Customer Question

My vet is refusing to give me more insulin and syringes for my dog who has diabetes. I am unable to afford to bring my dog in for all the labwork they require. Is there a way for me to get the medication on line without a prescription? She is on Vetulin and has U-400 syringes.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.
I would go to WalMart and speak with the pharmacist there. They have a generic over the counter insulin called ReliOn that you may be able to use for your cat without a prescription. I cannot give you a dosage or recommend that you use it, but I know that some people use it for their animals. The pharmacist there should be able to guide you in the right direction. I urge you to try to save some money up to get the blood work necessary, though.
I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.