Thank you for your question regarding your 13 year old Dachshund
boy who just swallowed one bing cherry. In short - no, this won't cause any issue with your boy Jacob. If he managed to eat a lot of cherries, potentially the pips can cause a problem in that sometimes they break down and release a toxin (cyanide) that can cause a number of issues.
If this was just an ingestion of one cherry, then he will be able to digest the cherry flesh with no issue, and will pass the cherry pip without a problem as well.
With this in mind, there is nothing you have to do! I hope this gives you some peace of mind. Please let me know if you have any other questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Bonuses & positive feedback are always welcomed and very much appreciated
If you have any further questions in the future, I would be more than happy to help you again! Just bookmark my profile and ask a question via the question box.