How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Deb Your Own Question
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 9625
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Deb is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My shitzu may have eaten one green grape!

Customer Question

My shitzu may have eaten one green grape!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb. I'll do my best to help you today.
I'm sorry for this concern for Mia but happy to reassure you that the ingestion of one grape, even for a small dog, isn't going to cause any problems for her.
While grapes (and raisins) can be toxic for some dogs, they aren't problematic for all of them and we don't really have a good understanding as to why that might be the case.
And, some dogs can ingest a large number of grapes or raisins and not suffer any ill effects while some dogs only have to eat a small amount for them to be affected.
However, one grape isn't going to cause any issues for Mia so I hope that I've been able to put your mind at rest. Deb

Related Dog Veterinary Questions