Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

I have a small female pitbull. She is a known chewer. She has

Customer Question

I have a small female pitbull. She is a known chewer. She has been throwing up and not eating since Saturday evening. is drinking water and going to the bathroom. very lethargic
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
A dog such as Tikka, who is known to be a chewer, and is showing signs of vomiting and not eating, must be considered a suspect for an intestinal blockage. This is a very serious situation, and if not treated, it is life threatening.
Other causes for vomiting and loss of appetite include Parvo virus (in unvaccinated dogs), pancreatitis, gastroenteritis, or metabolic issues such as kidney disease or diabetes.
Any of these can be quite serious, and I would definitely urge you to seek veterinary care today, so that a physical examination and x-rays can be done, to determine how serious this issue may be. I would not suggest waiting it out at home, given that it's already over 48 hours since the problem began.