Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

Good Morning !! I need help please , my Dog has the Eyes

Customer Question

Good Morning !! I need help please , my Dog has the Eyes Swallen , very inflamated , we took him to the Vet , put Antibiotic Ontment , Eye Washes, Antiinlamatory pills , etc . He also gave him a Drink Antibiotic ( which wasn't good for his stomach ) and we suspended it . After that we switched the ointment for Terramycine. It's been 15 days and the inflammation is still there . Is there any Ointment with Anti- Inflammatory we can apply ?
Also my wife is putting the Terramycin and Washing his eyes 3 times a day ..... Is this ok ?
John Sheehan ( Miami Fl )
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
There are many anti-inflammatory ointments and drops available for the eyes. One of the more commonly available options is "BNP+H" which is a triple-antibiotic plus hydrocortisone, and similar other versions exist as well.
There are anti-inflammatories without antibiotics, such as Prednisolone or Dexamethasone, which are available in drop or ointment form.
These are all available only by prescription, so if you are not satisfied with the progress that Kimba is making, then I would suggest a second opinion at a different local veterinarian, or an Ophthalmology specialist.
You can visit http://animaleyeguys.com/ for information on a veterinary ophthalmology specialist close to Miami.