Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Can I treat a dog with urinary infection with

Customer Question

Can I treat a dog with urinary infection with cephacare and metacam please early hours here and can't get to the vets until later
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
In regards ***** ***** question, both would be appropriate treatments to use for a urinary tract infection. Metacam at an appropriate dose for his weight given once daily would reduce inflammation and discomfort associated with the infection. A well, Cephacare is a common choice for bladder infections. Therefore, it would be reasonable to use and you can read more about its use/dosing @ http://www.petplace.com/DrugLibrary/cephalexin-keflex/page1.aspx . Typically it is given twice daily for a week. And if we were to see the signs not settle, then we'd need to think about testing his urine to make sure there is nothing else amiss (ie urinary crystals, bladder stones) and potentially culture that urine to see what bacteria is present and what antibiotic it is vulnerable to.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Want to request a refund the answer took too long and I ended up ringing my vet directly.