Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My dog has suddenly started shaking and drooling more than

Customer Question

My dog has suddenly started shaking and drooling more than usual. he is a 10 1/2 year old English bulldog and I've never seen his behavior before so I am quite concerned.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.
This does sound concerning for your dog. If he is continuously shaking with the drooling then this could be due to pain/nausea, particularly from the digestive tract. Alternatively, he may have ingested or licked something that is causing a secondary toxic reaction and nausea. A primary neurological issue is possible, but usually this is episodic (comes and goes) and not continuous.
The best is to have him seen as soon as possible by his veterinarian today. I wish there was some easy thing I can recommend you do at home, but the cause of his issue is unclear. I regret that I cannot provide an exect diagnosis but I too would need to perform an examination followed by some testing (that might include lab work or X-rays) to try narrow down his issue. With an exam it can be determined if this is pain or neurological in basis.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.
I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Joey