Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog has some small bumps that appeared suddenly and are

Customer Question

My dog has some small bumps that appeared suddenly and are making her itchy. They bumps aren't red or discolored. In addition, earlier today the bumps were not as bad but in the evening they "came back" like what happened yesterday. She also vomited twice today-once was bile, the other was almost all the way digested food.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. You've described hives or wheals which represent a hypersensitivity reaction to a food, drug, envenomation by flying insect or spider, vaccines, environmental allergens, and, less likely, changes in temperature or humidity. In most cases, such a reaction abates unaided within 36 hours. An over the counter antihistamine such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl) dosed at 1-2 mg/lb every 8-12 hours can be helpful. Persistent hives or wheals may require a prescription corticosteroid such as prednisone as treatment.
Please give me an update on Raphaella and please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.