Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

What,will couse my maltees to scratch at his mouth all the

Customer Question

what,will couse my maltees to scratch at his mouth all the time and his ears his gums are black and he has scratch the hair off his lip
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
How long has she been doing this?
How much does she weigh?
Are you seeing any scabs, sores, ulcers, wounds, redness, scaling or crusting along her mouth?
Were her gums always black?
How are her teeth?
What kind of dish does she have (ie plastic, ceramic, etc)?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.