Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We have a 13 year old ***** ***** that we noticed earlier

Customer Question

We have a 13 year old ***** ***** that we noticed earlier in the day had swelling on the right side of her head and blood streaming from her right eye. The swelling extends to the neck area as well. She is moving around some but very slowly.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
Did this swelling suddenly appear?
Could Minnie has suffered a severe head trauma?
Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, I am happy to have a look (since it will let me see what you are seeing). To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.