Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Throwing up green fluid, labored breathing, not eating or drinking

Customer Question

throwing up green fluid, labored breathing, not eating or drinking water, appearing weak
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you. I do apologize that no expert has jumped into answer your question until now. There are often not many of us available overnight.
This sounds like a medical emergency that indicates you need to proceed with her to an ER clinic right away, especially if her symptoms have persisted. I am most concerned about her labored breathing and weakness. If this has continued, then this is an emergency situation and there is not much you can do at home because she is vomiting. Anything we try to give her by mouth (medications, food, water) will come back up. So, she is in need of injectable therapy.
I regret that I cannot provide a specific diagnosis for you based on what you report because her symptoms are vague and could reflect one of many potential underlying problems ranging from organ issue (liver, kidney) to pancreatitis to toxin exposure to infection (fungi, bacterial, viral) to ingestion of unusual item that is obstructing or upsetting her system to cancer. I too would need to perform an exam followed by some testing (lab work, possibly X-rays) to try to narrow down that list of potential issues.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.
I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.