Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Dr. Deb,My 7 month old lab was started on Panacur and

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Deb,
My 7 month old lab was started on Panacur and Mteronidazole yesterday and is do for his k-9 advantix 2 and hearguard plus today. Is it safe to give the Advantix and Heartguard while on these other meds?
Thanks,
Greg Smith
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
There are no known drug interactions with fenbendazole (Panacur) and the drug interactions listed for metronidazole don't include the ingredients in either Advantix or Heartguard Plus. The Advantix and Heartguard Plus, then, are expected to be safe; however, because there would be so many drugs on board at the same time, if Jag did suffer an adverse reaction to one, you wouldn't know which one was responsible.
I suggest finishing up the Panacur and metronidazole course and then administering his Advantix and Heartguard. You have a grace period of 45 days when dosing Heartguard. You might find the effect of the Advantix wearing off, however. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Expert:  camilled-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
(http://www.justanswer.com/dog-health/956f9-dr-deb-my-month-old-lab-started-panacur.html).
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.