How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 4991
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our beagle just ate 1/2 of a green cube poison. we gave her

Customer Question

our beagle just ate 1/2 of a green cube for mouse poison. we gave her hydrogen peroxide. and she vomited up the green stuff. do we need to continue to monitor her?
she gets into places i cant even imagine. we have to keep an eye on her constantly. she is 10 yrs old. very active. she seems ok. but, we just got her to vomit.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- How long has it been since she ate the poison?
2- What is the name of the poison; or active ingredient in the poison?
3- Do you feel comfortable in saying that all of the poison was in the vomit?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would say its been about 45 min now. She threw up a small chunk and lots of green fo***** *****quid. She also had a bowel movement. She seems to b normal activity
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
1- What is the name of the poison or active ingredient?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont know. We just put the green things around inside of cabinets and threw away the box a year ago
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Was it TomCat poison?
Does it look like this: http://www.nopests.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Tomcat-8x-28g.jpg

Related Dog Veterinary Questions