Vet_Dr.Drea
Vet_Dr.Drea, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Boarded, licensed, and accredited veterinarian. Interests: general medicine, ophthalmology (eyes).
76915428

My dog is panting and shaking. He won't eat or drink

Customer Question

my dog is panting and shaking. He won't eat or drink
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Vet_Dr.Drea replied 1 year ago.
Hello, as a licensed veterinarian I am happy to assist you.
The signs you note Ronnie showing, though rather nonspecific, are most indicative or pain and discomfort. Without seeing Ronnie it is not possible for me to determine exactly where his pain is originating from, but common causes of sudden pain include gastrointestinal (which can range from non-emergencies such as some gas buildup to life-threatening conditions such as a foreign body stuck in the intestines or rotation of the stomach), orthopedic (such as an injury to a joint or bone), or an injury somewhere else. Since he does not want to eat or drink I am most suspicious of gastrointestinal pain.
I highly recommend getting Ronnie to a veterinarian, even if this means seeking an emergency vet, to make sure this is not something serious and to appropriately treat it promptly if it is.
I hope this information is helpful- please feel free to ask additional questions should they arise and please let me know how he does.
Best, *****