Effexor symptoms or toxicity symptoms would be based on dose ingested. At doses of 2-3mg/kg we begin to see agitation, higher doses can cause severe neurological symptoms like ataxia, tremors, seizures
, heart involvement, and even death
. Symptoms typically begin after 6-8 hours of ingestion
So let's say she was 22 ponds the low end toxicity would be 20-30 mg...
If you are past the 4-6 hour window and not seeing the more severe symptoms then I would still be monitoring for any of the signs listed for another 2-6 hours. If signs are seen and progressing, she is already showing the signs you listed and it has been less than 2 hours, or she has ingested a more toxic
dose than above I would strongly advise a veterinary exam to evaluate her and possibly begin iv fluids to minimize progression to seizures and more severe symptoms.
I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!