Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I think my dog may have swallowed a BUPROPION HCL XL 150 MG

Customer Question

I think my dog may have swallowed a BUPROPION HCL XL 150 MG TABLET
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- How long has it been since she ate the Bupropion?
2- How much does she weigh?
3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Around 7:45, 2 hours

She weigh 8.25 lbs

I do not have hydrogen peroxide

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She seemed fine when I left the house around 8:15

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Roxy, bupropion toxicity in dogs can cause: Tremors, vocalization, agitation, seizures, etc. Unfortunately we are very limited as to what you can do at home. I would recommend you move quickly and take her immediately to the nearest veterinarian so they can induce vomiting and start her on activated charcoal. It is important for this to be done quickly before the tablet is absorbed into the body.
It can take several hours before symptoms develop. If no symptoms after 12 hours then unlikely for symptoms to develop.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Dr. Peter