Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog ate an excedrin migraine. He's 9lbs.

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- How many milligrams was the excedrin?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well its 250 mg of acetaminophen and aspirin each and 65 mg of caffeine. He ate half of one.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Yashica, I am calculating the toxic dose please sit tight for a few minutes.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Yashica, the amount of aspirin, acetaminophen and caffeine ingested by Oreo is not going to be fatal. But, the combination of aspirin and acetaminophen can be irritating to the gastrointestinal tract. I would recommend you start oreo on Pepcid AC (famotidine) 10mg 1/4 tablet every 12 hours for the next 3-4 days. You can buy Pepcid AC over the counter in any pharmacy. Do Not give things like Pepto Bismol.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Hi Yashica,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Oreo. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter