Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I would like to know if you would recommend using distilled

Customer Question

I would like to know if you would recommend using distilled water rather than filtered water ?
My biggest concern is the oxalate stone formation. I would hate to have her go through surgery.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I agree that we never want to take these dogs through multiple surgeries if we can help it. In regards ***** ***** preference, this is always based on the local water composition (since this varies widely between towns, cities, and countries) but if this is unknown and we cannot be sure how well a filter may be removing what is present; then distilled water would be the preferred choice. This is because we know it is low in sodium, oxalates, calcium or uric acid. So, I would lean toward distilled with crystal prone dogs like Chloe.

All the best to you both,
Dr. B.