Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My Jack Russle was recently diagnosed with systs in hIs bladder

Customer Question

my Jack Russle was recently diagnosed with systs in hIs bladder INOPERABLE SAYS THE VET he is now peeing some blood can you advise
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Rusty. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
Are they cysts, or could there be a bladder tumor?
Has an ultrasound of his bladder been done?
If this were my dog, I would have a urine specimen sent to the lab to see if there are abnormal cells in the urine. If that does not tell us what these cysts/growths are, then I would next ultrasound the bladder and try to get a good look at these, and try to use a needle, guided by the ultrasound, to get a tiny biopsy of one of the cysts.
There is a medication called Piroxicam, and also a similar one called meloxicam, that can shrink bladder tumors in some cases.
This could be something serious and if this were my own dog, I would get a diagnosis, and get a second opinion whether this is truly inoperable by talking to a surgery specialist. Once we get a diagnosis, once we know what we are dealing with, we know the best options for treatment.
Let me know what other questions I can answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tes Rusty has had an ultasound and a internal examination and was given tablets to shrink the cysts
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
What are the tablets?
Did they get a biopsy when they did ultrasound?