Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Cocker Spaniel Limping and possible spider bite

Customer Question

Hello, About 1AM CDT ago my cocker spaniel and i had just come in from the back yard and were going to bed. She was acting normal. When i came out of the bathroom she was standing but suddenly wouldn't move. Then i could see she had her front left paw up and wouldn't put any weight on it. She was shaking just a tiny bit. I felt all around her paq and she didnt seem to be in any pain, just wouldnt put any weigjt on it and kept it up in thebair when standing. I called the emergency vet on call but they said that if she wasn't bleeding or had a broken bone that i should wait until the vet opens. Later I noticed she had what looked like a small red scab on her snout and two little marks inside it, like a spider bite. Other than putting no preassure on her leg she seems fine. She fell asleep for a bit and inwokenher up and stood her up to make sure she was ok. Again except for the leg she seems fine. The vet doesn't open for another five hours. I'm worried if my best friend is ok

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey, thanks. ***** was able to take her to the vet the next morning.

She just had a random sprained shoulder and rhe apoearent bite wasn't a bite and was completely unrelated. Also she's doing fine now :)

It was some thing where i just needed information at the time do decide if she needed immidiate care or if i should wait for the vet to open in the morning.

But thank you anyway!