brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

I have a 14+ ld german shepherd female and in the past 4 mo.

Customer Question

I have a 14+ ld german shepherd female and in the past 4 mo. she is drinking at least 5 gal. of water a day when she pees t is like its being poured out of a bucket, eyesight is getting bad and hearing also
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today.
We have a term for increased thirst and urination. It is known as PU/PD (polyuria and polydipsia). It can be caused by a number of different issues, most commonly diabetes mellitus, kidney disease, and Cushings disease (an adrenal gland condition).
To diagnose the specific problem, we will need some blood work from your local vet. I would start with a physical exam and senior blood screening. Based on this, we may have enough information to make a diagnosis and start a targeted treatment plan.
Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek.