Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My 15 lb ***** ***** got one of my Uribel capsules. I got

Customer Question

My 15 lb ***** ***** got one of my Uribel capsules. I got most of the capsule from her but will this harm her? What measures should I take?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
During my 42+ years of practice every one of the ingredients in Uribel was prescribed to dogs at one time or another. All were discontinued because newer and more effective drugs were found to address urinary tract infections. None of the ingredients were found to be toxic - at least in the amounts found in the Uribel. Methylene blue was found to cause a Heinz body anemia when administered chronically. A one-time dose is no concern for alarm.
The hyoscyamine in the Uribel might cause transient mydriasis (wide open pupils). We once prescribed it to address hypermotile bowels.
I wouldn't induce emesis and I would expect Frenchy to remain well. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.