Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog was diagnosed with rocky Mountain spotted fever, I was

Customer Question

My dog was diagnosed with rocky Mountain spotted fever, I was given medicine, just wondering if pedelyte is ok to give and white rice with chicken broth
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.
I am so sorry for the diagnosis but hopefully the medicine you were given will help her rebound from this disease process.
1.) Pedialyte is absolutely fine to give and is a well balanced supplement to maintain hydration with blood and loose stools
2.) White rice and boiled chicken are good to help reduce diarrhea but also bland and calming to the intestinal tract. I do tend to avoid chicken broth which is high in salt and moderately acidic as well. You can add water to the rice and chicken combination to also supplement her hydration
Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with or clarify this evening. I am on-line another 20 minutes to assist you both
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome :)
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
How is Blankinship doing today? Can I assist with any additional questions or concerns?
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gina,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Gina Blankinship. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman