Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a mini doxy whose had back problems in the past. He's

Customer Question

I have a mini doxy whose had back problems in the past. He's acting a little different than normal and his tail points weirdly to the left or right. Is this a sign of an upcoming episode?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Doxy. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
If he is not himself, and his tail is moving in unusual ways, it could be a sign of lower back pain, and another episode. It could also be a sign of something else, such as an infected or impacted anal gland (inside the anus).
I would try keeping him quiet, limit his activity to going out to eliminate only. Avoid stairs, getting on furniture, up on the bed. Watch him closely for any change in appetite, water drinking, change in how he walks, etc.
Can you take his temperature with a rectal thermometer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but I can't offer a live phone call. We can continue in this format, or I can opt out and you can wait for an expert that can offer a phone call.
If you want me to opt out, let me know. If you want me to opt out, please do not rate my answer as that could prevent another expert from helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let's opt out
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
OK! I will open this to other experts.