Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My Chihuahua tied with a minpin on march 31 milk is in still

Customer Question

My Chihuahua tied with a minpin on march 31 milk is in still feel the puppies temp was 99.6 for 2 days then 98.7 this morning do they all go into labor on there own I not sure what to do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Dogs do generally go into labor on their own, so we do not often have to intervene. That said, we do see cases of small breeds with a single pup struggling to get started or having uterine inertia. Therefore, if she has been pregnant for 65 days, then we are getting to a stage where we may need to step in and induce labor. So, If her temperature has dropped, the pup is moving, and she appears comfortable, we can monitor for the next 12-24 hours. But if there is no signs of labor impending (ie stage one signs like restlessness, nesting, panting, shivering or fluid/fluid sac at the vulva), then after that time we'd want her vet to check her and possibly induce labor via injection or potentially remove the pups by c-section.
Please take care & all the best for Neeyna,
Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marcy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Neeyna. How is everything going?

nekovet