Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Shih Tzu, is 2yrs old and she weighs 6.5 lbs ..i think she

Customer Question

My Shih Tzu, is 2yrs old and she weighs 6.5 lbs ..i think she should weigh more but she eats like a bird what can i do to encouage her to eat more.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Since the proper weight for our dogs is variable depending on the dog in question and their skeleton, I would ask if you could look at this link on body condition scoring @ http://about.royalcanin.co.uk/dog-body-condition/ and tell me where you would rate Nina. That way we can work out how severely underweight she may be and form a plan of attack for getting more nutrition into her and more weight on her.
Speak to you soon,
Dr. B.