Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Dr. Jamie, Is there a recommended magnesium dosage for

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Jamie,
Is there a recommended magnesium dosage for dogs and cats by body weight? Thank You!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Based on body weight and assuming this was part of a normal balance diet and in a form that was highly bioavailable, the magnesium requirement for dogs is 3-8.2 milligrams per kilogram and 6.25 mg/kg for cats.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet